Saturday, December 28, 2013

Eye See You At Your Zoo!

Did you ever get the feeling that something was off? But no matter how much you scoff, you still don't know what. Let's see if today you can catch on at my hut. It is okay if it takes a moment or two. For it has been done before and confused a few.

Today's post is the bomb.
You may chew your comb.
Have you guessed what is to come?
I hope you have from the comfort of home.

If not ask your daughter.
She may give much laughter.
But just don't sit there and brood,
Or go letting any tears flood.

Did I hear you cough?
That sounded a bit rough.
Maybe you need a mint,
Or a good pint.

Sorry though, I have none.
Although I can get you a stone.
Those I do not love.
Even snip snip they won't move.

Aren't you feeling alive?
Of course you have to be to live.
Unless you fall over when you take a bow.
That could interrupt your flow.

Then you would not be anyone's envy.
Don't sit there and ask me why.
I guess it just has been proved.
I can't help it if you're not loved.

Don't raise your eyebrow.
I may just have to send you a crow.
Yes, you heard what I said.
The plans have now been laid.

It may or may not be dead.
It depends on how you read.
At least it will look new,
And there will be no need to sew.

Are I not an evil fiend?
But I am still your friend.
Unless you are too rugged.
Then I'd have to be drugged.

But I don't mind strange.
I'll give them a nice orange.
Have you caught on to my hubris,
Or is your brain now full of debris?

Did you guess eye rhyme today? I have to do them to screw with all once in a while at my bay. Blame Grammar Nazi if you are now confused and you feel abused. He first told me about such an eye rhyme pass, which I just knew had to be used by my little rhyming ass.

Enjoy your winter, smash a printer.

55 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. In lucky #18 sneaks
      A winning streak!

      Hank

      Delete
    2. Big streak
      As all are up the creek

      Delete
  2. Eye Rhyming is greatly spectacular
    Spelling right but sounds peculiar
    Getting to be
    Sounds easy
    Not easily matched pairing is a bother

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pairing can be a pain
      But fun to do at my lane

      Delete
  3. ha. hey there are words that look similar at your bay that dont necessarily rhyme
    are you under a fever, maybe we should pull the lever, you clever with the word cleaver, i'd say dam but would probably be called a beaver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you a beaver would be fun to see
      As you got some too with your spree

      Delete
  4. haha..i'm chewing my comb.. never heard about eye rhyme before... you sure it's not written iRhyme...? ha... and i'm up for a pint any time... just saying...smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha enjoy the pint all day
      iRhyme does look better on display

      Delete
  5. Cat is getting clever today I see what he is doing
    It must be something in his pipe or what he has been chewing
    Words end alike and look like they should rhyme
    I like to play the game but today I don't have time
    It's easier to find a rhyme no matter what the spell'n
    To un-rhyme takes more time to figure out the tell'n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it does indeed
      Can't rhyme at top speed
      Have to stop and step back
      When going on the eye attack

      Delete
  6. I got one too, even before I read the comments, woo hoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you know that I knew what was going on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah knew you would
      As you brought it to my hood

      Delete
  8. I don't know what you're doing or why
    That's no different than always. I cannot lie.
    I like your new header, though. It caught my eye. or I.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I like to confuse
      It sure can amuse

      Delete
  9. Eye know exactly what you mean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bomb it is... :) Hope you have a great holiday and I wish you a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed this one today...with words that don't rhyme being rampant at your bay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange it can be
      With no rhyming at my sea

      Delete
  12. Aye, Captain I see you too at your zoo
    how we got on that roof top I haven't a clue
    eye rhymes that are not really rhymes
    wondering can you do it 14 times..haha
    sounds different but looks the same
    are we playing a new sort of game

    Now, about that pint..pour me one
    and I'll drink it under your sun..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha sure you'd suck it back
      There at your shack
      And end up on the roof
      With one big poof

      Delete
  13. Eye rhyming is totally mind boggling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can screw with the mind
      Which is so liked by my behind

      Delete
  14. Sounds funny,
    but the words find me
    I hum when I come
    home to comb
    the epiphany
    with no pint
    for mind and tummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Used a few
      There at your zoo
      Comb the epiphany out
      Then give a shout

      Delete
  15. When you can't rhyme it makes it easy to tell

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to admit
    I had no clue
    until I read the comments
    and then it all made sense!

    Very cleverly done!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least the answer was found out
      Somewhere below my shout

      Delete
  17. I thought I knew and was right. Hey, I actually got it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha way to go
      With the eye rhyme show

      Delete
  18. A mint won't do much for a cough in the air

    with more germs than a rotten pear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah nasty arse germs
      Spread around like worms

      Delete
  19. Yep, the eye rhyme I knew
    and it really is fun to do!
    Kinda gives your ear a jolt
    as you read along, ready to bolt.
    Could mess with someone's OCD
    as they want it to sound nice and neatly.
    haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha my ocd gets put aside
      For such a ride
      As I enjoy confusing more
      Here at my shore

      Delete
  20. Heh. I am dumb. I didn't get it until after I read the comments. The first read-through I kept doing stuff like trying to make 'rugged' and 'drugged' rhyme. LOL!
    (Rug-idd; Drugg-idd)...it just didn't work, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yeah try as you might
      They didn't rhyme today at my site

      Delete
  21. Eye rhyme. Very nice. And not easy to come up with. Well done, Sir Hatt.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Reading your rhyme was tough
    We really enjoyed it though
    The Human's developed a cough
    From sitting 'neath a dripping bough
    I hope some hot tea will get her through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at you
      Doing it too
      Hopefully the cough goes away
      Those suck every day

      Delete
  23. This one I knew! You should reward me with a cookie, or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll mail one down
      May break and cause a frown

      Delete