Saturday, September 19, 2015

Only Sure Isn't Lonely!

The cat watches people throw that word around a ton. And guess what? They usually lie to everyone. That is right. The only people are liars day and night. Don't believe me? Just wait and see.

It will only take a few minutes to do.
Pffft, hour later at your zoo,
You are still doing whatever it is.
You fell for the only biz.

It only costs a little more.
Pffft, and you take it out the door.
Meanwhile the salesman just got richer.
Only was thrown out by the pitcher.

I only wanted to tell you...
Here it comes in view.
They want something,
With their only ring.

If only you'd listen to me.
Then my ears wouldn't be free.
I want to get away.
No more only dismay.

I only have eyes for you.
Says the cheater when your in view.
Then, whoopsy, eyes for another.
I only hope it's not your brother.

I only like it that way.
Means tough luck for you at your bay.
I won't take it like that.
I'm only a picky cat.

I only have one left.
Whether or not it has heft,
It means they will not share.
Sorry, not even if they care.

I only wish you well.
Pffft, turn around and they damn you to hell.
All about poor pitiful me.
And they were left by thee.

I only do this at this time.
A familiar chime.
Means they have ocd.
Like Pat and Cassie.

I only have a little time.
Means they'd rather hang with a mime.
They don't want to be there.
If only you were aware.

Do you think only is lonely? If only. Only gets a lot of play. I guess it is the only thing some can say. Am I only being cynical at my sea? Sure beats little old me. If only I could pass this gas, then I'd be a happy little rhyming ass.

Fill your rummer, get drunk all summer.

47 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. On top
      Of the crop

      Yipppeee
      For meee

      Delete
    2. Cat, Adam's playing the what if game... in the place to be!

      Delete
    3. The closest he can get at my sea
      To being #1 with glee

      Delete
  2. Taking aim at Suza
    And her #1 lollapalooza.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one;
    Aw c'mon, it's only in fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ducking from you
      As I flee Pat's zoo

      Delete
    2. Only 4 minutes too slow
      If only you were a tad faster at your show

      Delete
  3. You? Cynical?
    Surely you jest
    Now off I flee
    For much-needed rest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. enjoy the rest
      As I pass the cynical test

      Delete
  4. If only I had time to make this comment rhyme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only you could
      then maybe you would

      Delete
  5. It is a very strange word
    and we use it until it seems absurd!
    I probably use it too much
    now that you point it out and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One I see used a ton
      And I even give it a run

      Delete
  6. "Only Sure Isn't Lonely!"
    Only not making it easy
    Cheater sees
    Victim flees
    Not really his cup of tea

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good way to flee
      Maybe take a ride across the sea

      Delete
  7. I'd be HAPPY if only yadda yadda doo
    I had the gold of Midas that is so very true
    It would make me a better person, don't you agree
    If only in my back yard, there grew a money tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you need to find the right seed
      Then only money trees will grow at your feed

      Delete
  8. I would guess that Only is lonely. What a funny word, now that you bring it up. Funny how we don't think of things like that.Have a great day Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cat has a weird brain
      As things are thought like that at my lane

      Delete
  9. Going to see how often I use the word only today
    and see if it is an often used word
    I am not sure it could be considered lonely
    that might be a bit absurd

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that it might be
      But the cat is crazy

      Delete
  10. I haven't ever thought about the word only before. Going to pay attention to it today!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha the cat has all
      Thinking now at their hall

      Delete
  11. This is good! Harsh but so much of this is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little harsh is fine by me
      Here at our sea

      Delete
  12. Excuses are aggravating. They are sometimes all you can produce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes that is true
      Have to be good though at ones zoo

      Delete
  13. Cynical you
    This be true
    What's the world coming to
    My human's ex wife
    Trouble and strife
    Cheated on her boyfriend
    What a fitting end

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugg to that
      Says the cat
      Better to be single
      Can stay home or mingle

      Delete
  14. Oh that's really true. I loved it when people will say this will only take a minute. Or the doc will say this will only sting a bit when giving a shot. Ouch..he lied. Hurt like hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, try to cushion the blow
      When it will hurt whether stabbed in back or toe

      Delete
  15. Overused it is, that word only.
    Then again, we would hate for it get lonely.

    ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, can't have that
      Where anyone is at

      Delete
  16. If only people would say what they mean and mean what they say, we'd all be happier at our bay.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think of using just
    as synonym of only
    they both will pass
    and last too long-ly
    in our memory where past
    gets lost and feeling lonely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just I've used a ton
      Sure can make a similiar run

      Delete
  18. Oh another I have used in my past.
    "I've only 5 minutes"-means I want to leave fast.
    My hubby knows this one well,
    "I'm only going to be 10 minutes." Hell,
    he knows I will be longer, so do I
    as I smile at him waving bye-bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ad always a simple number too
      No 3 or 4 minutes comes due

      Delete
  19. Only is such a devilish word! It's never as simple as it seems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not one bit
      Can sure be full of shit

      Delete