Sunday, March 27, 2016

An Out And About!

Do you expect to see pics of me out and about? Throw that notion out. The cat will stay here and rest my rhyming rear. But I will make fun. That has to be done.

Everyone uses it.
It's a hit.
They say and they use.
It sure can amuse.

Even the cat,
Chews the fat,
And uses it here.
Does that get an oh dear?

Out and about.
I get the out.
But the about?
What's with that shout?

What is about about?
Does it just need out?
Like a dog needs the yard.
Am I thinking too hard?

Bah, not hard at all.
Just comes to me at my hall.
So what's about about?
Something to rhyme and spout?

Or maybe about is about a story.
An out and about story in all its glory.
The story of you out.
That is what the story is about.

That could bore.
Unless great things you explore.
Like climbing a big hill.
To some, that could thrill.

Maybe the out is the about.
Did I make your brain fall out?
Since you are out, the out is what its about.
About meaning you got out.

Does that make sense?
Are you still on the fence?
It might get pokey.
About is a little hokey.

I'll stick with my first guess.
This isn't chess.
About is used for the rhyme.
Humans like a rhyming chime.

Do you use out and about? What is the about about with that shout? Ever think of such things? My brain has many wings. Could get lost up there and stuck forever. That would be a tiring endeavor. I'll go out and about and roll in some grass and that is all you need to know about my little rhyming ass.

Experience spring, have a fling.

56 comments:

  1. Can't give you a shout
    I'm out and about!

    I've always interpreted it to mean "out and about to do xyz"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you did
      Ruined your can't bid

      Hmmm that may be it
      As one is about to do shit

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you, Suza!

      Hank

      Delete
    2. Happy Easter all around
      Hopefully is found

      Delete
  3. An Out And About!
    Give a shout-out
    Hard to tell
    A good sell
    To erase any doubt

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you happen to go out and about
    Always do it with plenty of clout
    Don't be shy
    Sing "Me Oh My"
    And the gawkers will gawk as you walk with a shout, have no doubt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gawker to gawk
      As you walk and talk
      They better not stalk
      May then need chalk

      Delete
  5. There is always a way to be out and about. Anyway, Happy Easter Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That there is indeed
      Hope a good one is had at your feed

      Delete
  6. I don't have too many out n' abouts but I have been known to chew the fat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chew away
      We don't need out and about to any vet bay

      Delete
  7. That's what I use when I don't want to admit where I've been. You know, the liquor store and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha don't want to be a wino
      So say out and about with a rhino

      Delete
  8. Happy Easter!

    I don't usually say out and about
    I usually just say I was out and
    that is that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm out and about my biz
    until time to take a wizzz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have used about
    But I shall no more
    Cuz you gave it a workout
    at your fine shore.
    I'll be "out and round"
    from here on out and around.

    Happy Easter to you
    Eat a chocolate bunny or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Round and round you'll go
      Could get dizzy you know

      Delete
  11. Out? That I sure can get.
    About? I'll take a chance on.
    If I'm out, better yet
    to have my pants on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On and zipped
      Or it may get clipped

      Delete
  12. Out and about, I'll give a shout
    What I will say...you'll have no doubt
    as soon as that is,
    I figure it out... Happy Easter.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be a while
      As about turns the dial

      Delete
  13. I don't want to go out. I'd rather stay in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been out and about all morning.
    That phrase I am not scorning!
    Besides a rhyming chime,
    it saves time.
    Don't have to explain where
    as you ramble here and there.
    Happy Easter Day
    at your bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saves time
      Isn't a crime
      Just give it a say
      And be on your way

      Delete
  15. I'm so confused
    Still beats being used
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't use out and about
    wouldn't even give in a shout!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some do, some don't
      Confuse you won't

      Delete
  17. Out and about
    twist and shout
    what's it all about?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Easter! I have used out and about, I am certain of that but I don't think I am the only one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not the only one
      To give it a run

      Delete
  19. I say that all time
    especially in my Happening Now chime!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, I use out and about all the time. Never thought about how much I say it until now, but I know it's one of those phrases that I probably overuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha seems many do
      We too at our zoo

      Delete