Saturday, March 5, 2016

We Don't Talk Or Even Mock!

The cat was out and about when I heard a kid shout. I was standing in line at the grocery store, just in case you wanted to know more. That can be a pain but it was the "not so" express lane.

We don't talk about them,
She said as to condemn.
Her mother smiled too.
I guess "them" are scary to even view.

Who could them be?
Beats the heck out of me.
Actually probably not,
As I can guess the plot.

Them aren't they though,
Just so you know.
They are out to get you.
Them are just one or two.

Them is easy to guess.
Got it? Come now confess.
Them would be the black sheep.
Someone who's buried away deep.

The relative you don't like.
The one you want to take a hike.
The one you'd be happy never to see.
The one in which you'd beg the cat to take a pee.

A pee on their head,
In case you didn't follow what I said.
That will scare them away.
Make them smell awful too at their bay.

Or they could be a friend.
One of those who you wish the friendship would end.
But no matter what you say,
They come back the very next day.

So maybe try a new trick.
Not sure it will work some slick.
But don't talk about them,
And it could turn out to be a gem.

Or maybe it was just a ghost,
She had in the closet at her coast.
Or monsters under the bed.
They can cause dread.

I'm still going with the relative though.
Got plenty of them at my show.
Chopped the tree down for 95% of them all.
Rather deal with idiots at the mall.

So who do you think "them" were? Maybe a monster with fur? The black sheep like I think? She never did clarify them at the grocery rink. Or at least I didn't hear it before. I should pay more attention at my shore. Pffft to humans? Yeah right. My IQ would drop over night. Now I will go make sure no relatives trespass and annoy my little rhyming ass.

Enjoy your winter, smash a printer.

57 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. 4 times in a row
      What do you know!

      Hank

      Delete
    2. Back to four
      With your tour

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who might 'them' be?
    I'd guess Donald T. and family,
    But that could just be me.


    ReplyDelete
  4. The dem's and the doe's
    Pose a shaky repose
    Just who they are
    Did we meet at the bar?
    Whoever they be
    Just keep away from me
    Of them we don't speak
    Like the bird with no beak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is such a bird?
      can't say a word?
      That would sure suck
      Must have been shit outta luck

      Delete
  5. Now I am curious who they are
    That was not talked about
    Could be a variety of things indeed
    But obviously something or someone who is a lout

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, could be many a person indeed
      Made me curious at my feed

      Delete
  6. We don't talk or even mock
    We wonder who gets knocked
    They put a show
    That we may know
    President material or not?

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could go either way
      With the presidents today

      Delete
  7. We don't talk or even mock
    We wonder who gets knocked
    They put a show
    That we may know
    President material or not?

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those 'thems', could be just anyone or anything. Most likely a relative of some sort. That is our little guess. Have a great day Pat and cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we figured that as well
      Some of those relatives aren't so swell

      Delete
  9. There are some people or things not to be talked about, even kids pick that up ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they do
      And keep their mouth shut at their zoo

      Delete
  10. I don't trust them, nope, not at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could be imaginary people or could she see dead people? Yack, Yack - The cat could have another boo book about dem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha bring Boo back once more
      Or the Boogeyman gets an encore

      Delete
  12. Maybe it was all the potential husbands she has buried in the back yard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that could be
      Glad I got away free

      Delete
  13. Them people just don't matter. You're right, it's the family that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess you're not scared to talk about them. They have a lot themselves to say you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They them sure do
      Through and through

      Delete
  15. My relatives are great.
    We get along, you see.
    They live in another state.
    Which is just fine by me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I only have a few
      So not many to duck
      And none are new
      So it's easy to pass the buck

      Delete
  16. "Them" might be coming/Or did I hear "them" going?/Either way/It won't be your day! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Them may get with they
      And all come to play

      Delete
  17. The ones 'we don't talk about' usually get talked about:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that they do
      Finding there are quite a few

      Delete
  18. It's funny when you don't really know an aunt, uncle, or a first cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, there are a few
      Who don't know at their zoo

      Delete
  19. Maybe, perhaps... she was talking about you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could have been indeed
      I better take heed

      Delete
  20. Maybe it was a spirit
    Roaming far and free
    Or maybe a drunk uncle
    On whom the Cat will pee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cat would help out
      May make many shout

      Delete
  21. Probably a relative. I have a 'them' that we don't talk about. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few
      But I'll bad mouth them too

      Delete
  22. Gotta be a relative, you know.
    We have more than our share, but no,
    we talk about them all the time,
    analyzing their minds
    thinking they are not sublime. lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yep, can do that too
      Here at our zoo

      Delete
  23. Hey, Pat, where you're at. I'm always intrigued by scraps of conversation I hear in grocery lines and other public places. It's fun to speculate. Them ~ perhaps they were Republicans referring to working people. Oops ~ that was the last presidential election when Romney never once (that I heard) used the word "worker." The GOP has suddenly discovered them this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha trying to win over some
      As they "discover" each chum

      Delete
  24. Maybe a guy with a glass eye or one leg? My kids always honed in on disabilities at the grocers and liked to loudly announce them when they were little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been embarrassing for you
      As they yelled for all on cue

      Delete
  25. The mystery 'them'
    ahem, who could they be?
    I can't solve this mystery at my sea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mystery still out there
      Not sure at my lair

      Delete