Friday, August 26, 2016

A What Off Quack On The Attack!

Sherry sure had her duck bill going. She came up with quite the What Off showing. Or maybe it was an admission of guilt that she tried to quilt? Beats little old me here at my sea.

Mama Diaries at play,
Almost every day.
I get the stories.
Tell the glories.

Tell the weird.
Can get cheered.
What was that?
I'm a duck not a cat?

Ducks paddle fast?
Ducks have a blast.
Ducks need to duck.
Back up the truck.

My son said this...
Whoops, it was a miss.
My daughter did it.
Nope, not that bit.

It was the pup.
Schultz licked it up.
Or was it the cat?
Oh, this is going splat.

Too many identities at my sea.
I'm turning into Old One Eye and her spree.
I can't have that.
A cyclops duck is not where it's at.

It was all me.
All stories I did with glee.
Yep, I did every bit.
It feels good to admit.

How long is a day?
Gave that a play.
Scaredy Cat.
Really me where I'm at.

Cat conversations.
Tuned to the same stations.
The aging machine.
All me at my scene.

Doggy Spa.
All I can say is aww.
The cookie caper.
I made the paper.

Hmmm was that really a What Off display? More like Sherry had guilt at her bay. She wanted to confess to it all and used the cat's wall. How dare she fool everyone. Her kids are busy out having fun. So she made things up that she did. Maybe she needs to be turned into a squid? Nah, the cat didn't confess for her. I haven't got a lying bone under my fur. Can you believe she was such a tricky lass? She sure fooled my little rhyming ass.

Fill your rummer, get drunk all summer.

63 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's 2 in a row
      In with the flow!

      Hank

      Delete
    2. Back to a streak
      At your creek

      Delete
  2. Quilt guilt... I have that at my bay
    Gives me plenty of fabric play

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Live in denial?
      That may get you on trial

      Delete
  4. Weird can sometimes be fun, and kids always leave you with funny antics to share ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The aging machine
    does not sound serene.
    Looking for the fountain of youth
    here at my booth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not found?
      Maybe you have to dig deeper into the ground

      Delete
  6. August wind and August moon
    Listen to that far-off loon
    Let the breezes take your guilt
    You don't need it as a quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't keep you warm
      As it brings forth a storm

      Delete
  7. A What Off Quack On The Attack!
    Duck thing and nothing that lacks
    Not even spurts
    Of those guilts
    Of one-eyed elements out to hijack

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hijacking they may go
      Have to watch what happens below

      Delete
  8. What ever floats your boat. Aging is not a good subject in this house. You have a great day Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha not one to speak
      There at your creek?

      Delete
  9. and when she's not commenting on kids, she works in her garden and comes up with Ten Zany Birds. Plus a music career. Busy Sherry What Off on everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does a ton
      As around she does run

      Delete
  10. Stories about kids can be fun
    as long as the kids don't mind
    but if they do
    then its not a good find

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, have to mind that
      Could cause a spat

      Delete
  11. We do have a quacker factory at our lake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being a follower of Sherry's I really enjoy her post,
    Wonderful write hope she appreciates it.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE Sherry's blog posts. They always make me laugh and lighten my mood. I was thrilled to see her featured in one of your rhymes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are always fun
      As she gives a story a run

      Delete
  14. A poem about a duck? Mighty tempting.
    On this one maybe me I'll be exempting.
    A poem about Sherry makes me want to sing--
    Or play a violin, viola or something.


    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know what goes with duck
      Can avoid it at any luck
      But easy to fit
      Stick with violin for a bit

      Delete
  15. Sherry's blog is always a pleasure to read, and I'm sure she'll get a kick out of your tribute. All it needed was a little background music... a string quartet, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cat would hurt the ears
      Background music to cause fears

      Delete
  16. Did you really say a cyclops duck?
    rhyming with that is my tough luck!
    (I'm sure you know, Mr. Pat ~
    You and that sassy cat!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Sherry's blog. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun
    In sun
    Cats run
    Quacks spun
    Kids stun
    Frowns none

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful writing! Happy Friday ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. orlin N cassie...uh, iz it just uz... ore is de B werd used a lot in thiz post ~~~~~

    ☺☺☺

    heerz two a barbel~~less catfish kinda week oh end guyz ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it may be
      But they quack you see

      Delete
  22. Sherry's cool
    Her violin makes me drool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drools and snores
      But does he do chores?

      Delete
  23. You're post made me go check Sherry's out!
    Thanks for giving her a funny shout!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kids and pets sure can make your head spin. But never confess under any circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha hide that you say
      I'll remember at my bay

      Delete
  25. No matter about a duck
    I will go check out Sherry's blog or I am a schmuck

    ReplyDelete
  26. A cyclops duck
    What an odd thing
    I bet he's unhappy
    A monocle I'll bring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could help out
      But beats a land bound trout

      Delete
  27. I'm so glad one of my visitors told me about this post. Thanks for the shout-out, Pat! Yeah, I'm on a real guilt trip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha was fun to do
      As the duck bill rang true

      Delete