Thursday, November 24, 2016

A Thankful Day So We'll Play!


Our thankful day is through, been there done that at my zoo. I'm thankful for it too. Then we don't have to go anywhere with mutts in view. But I'll play with the American thankful day.

I'm thankful for nuts,
Even some mutts.
They may sniff butts,
But they give me rhyme ruts.

I'm thankful for search engine crazies.
They may be better off pushing up daises,
But plenty of material is had.
As they find my rhyming pad.

I'm thankful for haters,
Watching as they trip into craters.
There they sit all hateful and such,
Not bothering me even a touch.

I'm thankful for Wal-Mart.
Cracks may show that come with a fart,
But material there is grand.
Like the reverse of Disney Land.

I'm thankful for the scary daters.
They are some weird maters.
But their lines turn out grand,
To use here in my land.

I'm thankful for the Internet.
It does let me be a rhyming pet,
But it also can tell me everything I want to know.
Like how aliens ate poor Elvis after a show.

I'm thankful for snow.
I may want it to go,
But I have something to whine about.
Look! It's snowing out.

I'm thankful for the dumb.
They are such a cheery chum.
They can do so much as one,
That out of material I'll never run.

I'm thankful for the sheep.
They never try and leap.
They just watch as I learn.
Never needing nothing in return.

I'm really thankful for all of the above,
Though I give them no love.
They prove a cat is far more wise.
Boy, how when being thankful time flies.

Isn't that all something to be thankful for? Did I do it right at my shore? You humans provide so much material to me that I have to be thankful to thee. At least I can pretend to be. Then leave a flea on your knee. I think my thankfulness is about to pass. Yep, I'm back to being a little rhyming ass.

Later all, have a nice fall.

48 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Same to you
      Even though we did it a month and a half ago at our zoo lol

      Delete
    2. If I were a dog, I'd want a bone

      Delete
    3. Bones you say
      Humper at your bay

      Delete
  2. Lot's to be thankful at your shore
    Mutts, nuts and all who come through the door
    I"m still in a cast and how long will it last
    I'll give thanks when it's off and I hope that is fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully off it shall go
      After your mutt fused blow lol

      Delete
  3. We're so thankful to have you as our friend and we're glad you are joining in the celebration today. Happy Thanksgiving from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cat is glad at our stand
      You all too are in blogland

      Delete
  4. Thankful is good any time of year.
    You had yours, now our turn here. :)

    Thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks is good all around
      Whether cat, human or hound

      Delete
  5. A Thankful Day So We'll Play!
    Thanksgiving in a great way
    Life is real good
    With all good food
    To be with the loved ones all day

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it can be
      As thankful days come to ones sea

      Delete
  6. We are so thankful for all of your rhyming.We are thankful for all our kitties here too. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankful all the way around
      Is a great way to be found

      Delete
  7. Lots to be thankful for at our zoos
    No matter when we celebrate the day
    Every day we wake up is a blessing
    That is what I will say!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, every day we're still alive
      Thankful five by five

      Delete
  8. I'm not thankful for sh#*

    -black friday shoppers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that is the way
      As they stomp and play

      Delete
  9. Thankful for words
    Writing and more
    Must try to stay tactful
    At our shore


    Good poem. You covered it all
    Come to TX. Not much snowfall

    Have a great Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha You get a second shot at a day of Thanksgiving. :D Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanks Giving Day Pat. not such a good one for Hank, hope he gets his posts back.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm thankful that the crazies give us such laughable entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whatever would we blog about if we didn't have all those topics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd turn into those ones
      Who "have nothing to say" but mouth still runs

      Delete
  14. I'm thankful for the year
    Perfection no where near
    But moments I'll revere
    I'm glad that I am here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good reason to be glad
      At any old pad

      Delete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

    Personally, I'm thankful this year is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha not the worst year
      But also glad the end is near

      Delete
  16. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :) Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. On one hand I am thankful the election is over.
    On the other hand I am not thankful that t....p won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah can't win them all
      At any thankful hall

      Delete
  18. There's so much to be thankful for
    The idiots are one, some can become folklore.
    Be thankful for every day
    That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each day is a win
      Be thankful with a grin

      Delete
  19. Thankfully there is no shortage of weirdos out there, so you should be good for more material for another year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With 400 posts ahead
      I can lie all day in bed

      Delete
  20. I'm thankful we're going to make America great again! Choke!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your guest post, Pat,
    And happy belated Thanksgiving to The Cat.
    I have so much to be thankful for
    But your list certainly did not bore!

    ReplyDelete