Saturday, March 18, 2017

A Can't Nap Takes A Lap!

Some humans sure wish they were a cat. We can sleep whenever and where ever we are at. You can't curl up in a cupboard and sleep. Well maybe if you are a child at your keep.

A baby crying,
Did that flying,
With the can't sleep,
At our former keep.

Now the human way.
Toss and turns at play.
That annoys the cat.
Why can't you lay flat?

Making me move at night.
I may grab a toe and bite.
But that isn't here nor there.
Maybe that isn't anywhere.

Can't sleep.
Light or deep.
Let's wake.
Time to partake.

Let's go and eat.
A leftover treat.
Isn't that yummy?
Fill your sleepy tummy.

Can a tummy be sleepy?
That may be rather creepy.
It would get all tingly and shit.
Let's scratch that bit.

Let's sit and stare.
You, eyes by the pair.
Blood shot and all.
Stare at that white wall.

Let's run around the block.
Bed head may leave some in shock.
But then the creeps will stray.
No slashers coming your way.

Let's play on the internet.
Bloggers are up, you bet.
Whoops, not a single post.
Damn it, I'll get #1 at the cat's coast.

Whoops, Hank got in.
Not sleeping is a sin.
Ugg, now it's time for work.
The sand man is a jerk.

You humans sure are strange. How does eating provoke sleep change? Maybe it makes you have a good shit? Does that help with it? Anything you do when sleep won't come due? Do you stare at walls at your zoo? Maybe you are a pill popper. Hey, I won't call a copper. The cat will now go pass some gas and easily fall asleep on my little rhyming ass.

Enjoy your winter, smash a printer.

48 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's 6th in a row
      Together all in tow!

      Hank

      Delete
    2. On a roll
      With the #1 stroll

      Delete
  2. A Can't Nap Takes A Lap!
    Must be done all in a zap
    Whoops, Hank got in
    Hank was all lurking
    Try to be #1 it is a fab

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great Saturday poem Pat.
    Enjoy your week-end......also the cats.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it is grand
      Hope yours is good in your land

      Delete
  4. I do go online when I can't sleep. Doesn't help, but better than lying in the dark worrying about life in general for 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, better than that
      Could drive one crazy chewing that fat

      Delete
  5. Even when I can't sleep, I get what rest I can and just lay there with my eyes closed. Getting up will only make me more awake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true
      Once up, have a more wide open view

      Delete
  6. I must say, being an adopted cat sure has its advantages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Advantage for the win
      There at your bin

      Delete
  7. When I can't sleep I open the blinds and stare at the sky don't ask me why? I try to shift into some sort of lucid dream and drift away.

    If that doesn't work I read until my eyes get tired. Then I usually fall asleep and the book falls to the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha as long as you don't trip over the book
      When getting up at your nook

      Delete
  8. Yup if only we could fall asleep just anywhere just like the cat does. WE all need to take lessons from these kitty kats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That we do
      Would be easier through and through

      Delete
  9. Animals sure can sleep through a lot and in the most unusual positions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't be comfy we'd think
      But sure doesn't bring them to the brink

      Delete
  10. When insomnia hits at my bay
    that's when I try to get be #1 here
    but lately been sleeping relatively okay

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sleep for some is like a dish
    Break it easy, make a wish
    Others snore for hours on
    Proves that life is one big con

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conning all
      Having a ball
      Watching us fall
      And stand tall

      Delete
  12. Snooze anytime
    No problem for me
    Clear conscience no worries
    Asleep I can be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just out like a light
      No need for a fright

      Delete
  13. Go to bed/snoring next/wife asks: how do you do it?/answer: make sure the brain does not stay lit! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knock the brain out
      Who cares if snoring is about

      Delete
  14. He found himself lost in a fog
    His mind he just couldn’t unclog
    What ills did he reap
    Or troubles so deep
    That found him now sleeping with dog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mutt can keep him warm
      Through any old storm

      Delete
  15. Oh how I wish I could be a pampered kitty and I could sleep all day! I rarely have trouble falling asleep. My problem is that I'm always sleepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sure can stink
      As long as you don't fall asleep after a blink

      Delete
  16. And now I ironically have to go to bed...

    Bad choice of reading. haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a beautiful kitty sleepy life indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you say, "a good shit"?
    Yep, that must be it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't sleep, clown will eat me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sleep and I are often foes
    Feel tired, lie down, the feeling goes
    Toss and turn with a final grumble
    Back up again... you wanna rumble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez, makes you rather spry
      As away the fists fly

      Delete
  21. I envy the napping ability of the Cat.
    Sure can't nap where I'm at.

    And I'm a bed spinner ~ round and round I go
    Until I fall asleep at my show.

    Next time I want to come back
    as a pampered cat where I'm at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sure the way
      Come back as a spoiled cat at their bay

      Delete
  22. I can nap
    I don't need to tap
    Into any pills
    I can sleep which fills
    My head with dreams
    I sleep quickly, it seems

    ReplyDelete
  23. If I can't sleep it's usually because the husband is up snoring all night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need ear plugs at your sea
      Then he can snore free

      Delete