Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Can't Comprehend Around The Bend?

The cat goes here and there and tries many a lair. That is just in blog land though and many go to many a show. Out of their little world too. Some get stuck in their world without a clue. But that you know, so away we go.

You are great at that.
You kinda suck at this.
You may even fall flat.
But can learn what you miss.

You stay in a rut.
Oh, but you're the winner.
Can't challenge your butt.
Use the same old spinner.

Trying something new.
Bah, I can't do that.
I'll stick with the same few.
They won't cause a spat.

I am so great.
Compare me to those.
They give me hate.
I send them to new lows.

I'm not that great.
Don't break my little fantasy world.
I can't take any other bait.
My hair may go straight from curled.

As in I'm scared to death.
They may ruin my status.
I may get out of breath.
Or I may go all flatus.

Surround myself with better?
That won't work.
I'll turn into a sweater.
That just isn't a perk.

Try something I'm not good at?
Why would I do that?
I could look like a dingbat.
That would create a spat.

Go to a place with people smarter than I?
Pffft who wants to give that a try?
My brain may fry.
Then I may die.

I'm the best around.
It's my simple claim.
Nothing new needs to be found.
I'll keep everything the same.

Do you stick to the same old same old thinking you are great as a win takes hold? You are only as good as those you top. If you fart around with the same old you fall to the bottom of the crop. Never learn and get better even if you think you do. Need to push and learn things that are new. The same with the same won't add to any claim. Need to add a new class. Can't be lazy like my feline little rhyming ass.

Experience spring, have a fling.

50 comments:

  1. Love trying new things
    Try not to stay in a rut
    Although sometimes it's nice
    To be a hermit in a hut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a hermit is nice
      Every once in a while
      But one pays the price
      When not going the extra mile

      Delete
  2. It's always good to try and learn something new.
    Excellent verse Pat.
    Have a good day.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adventure days are for the healthy
    Maybe they can make you wealthy
    Step out of line and follow a dream
    Move straight ahead with a hard work scheme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the right scheme
      And you can get ahead full steam
      Just don't get caught
      Or in jail you may rot

      Delete
  4. If you don't try new things you'll always be a big fish in a little pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you will
      Could dry up too with the run of the mill

      Delete
  5. If you never try something new, you'll never expand as a person. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the way
      Do nothing and nothing shall stay

      Delete
  6. Good to try a new thing at times
    It can be sometimes fun
    Especially if it involves the sun.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying new things is great,
    Though ruts can be awfully comfortable:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried a new exercise class on Sat. I lasted 30 minutes but will try it again. New stuff for an old dog is tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha then the old dog gets spry
      And away she can fly

      Delete
  9. I love to try new things, but live with people who don't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't cook until they try
      Then away they may fly lol

      Delete
  10. I've never been good with change so I try to stick to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's like 2008, it's time for a change

    ReplyDelete
  12. Admittedly, it always seems "safe" to avoid change by not trying new things, but sometimes we just have to push ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. No nickels and dimes
      To pay the mimes

      Delete
  14. I have to admit I like the Old and true
    but I do force myself to try some new.
    How can one expand one's mind
    unless we change things up, I find

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to change to expand
      And not become bland

      Delete
  15. Can't Comprehend Around The Bend?
    May even unwittingly cause offense
    Trying something new
    Lots of options on cue
    Give it a shot a chance, say when?

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  16. orlin N cassie, bee in catz N all we gotta add mit we canna stand change; less itz de gravel in de box but give uz a new twist ona toy N we iz all for it !!!! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new toy can be a win
      That is a fine change spin

      Delete
  17. I love to try new things, especially if they tax my brain!
    Don't want my mind going down the drain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working the brain is the win
      Can't have that doing you in

      Delete
  18. You can stuck in new things too
    for year or two.
    But try anyway -
    Life is but game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can get stuck indeed
      But go with new to do the deed

      Delete
  19. Around here, we stick to the old. The new is just a little scary but probably a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little scare
      Can get rid of loose hair lol

      Delete
  20. I must confess, I sometimes cling to the tried-and-true things in my life, but I absolutely believe we should never stop learning and trying new things. Gotta keep the brain cells hopping, or they might fall to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those brain cells need to be on the go
      Or they'll be as useless as a toe

      Delete
  21. love trying new things
    and all that it brings
    and when evening rings
    new wonderment springs

    ReplyDelete
  22. I try to learn something new at least once a year. An idle mind is the devil's workshop, or so my granny always said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't let the devil win
      But it's okay for a little sin

      Delete
  23. Pat
    You're so bad
    Always telling on the cats
    Causing lots of spats

    Only new thing
    I will try
    Is having wings
    So that I can fly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't fall from a height
      What is left of you may be a fright lol

      Delete
  24. I live to try things new
    One of my very favorite things to do
    But the old and proven stuff
    Can sometimes be enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old and true
      Gets you through
      New and fake
      May end you up in a lake

      Delete