Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Not Any With Popularity Among Many!

The cat has gone down the idiom road but today we'll take the popular load. I guarantee no one reading this hasn't ever heard/said one. If not then you live under a rock with no sun.

We're going the whole nine yards.
That is what is in the cards.
A taste of your own medicine you'll receive.
Hopefully that doesn't prompt you to leave.

Unless here you wouldn't be caught dead.
That can play tricks with your head.
Your guess is as good as mine.
Actually I may be a smarter feline.

Making it a piece of cake.
No cake you even have to make.
Maybe once in a blue moon.
But then I'm just a loon.

At least my mind isn't a wreck.
Like some not playing with a full deck.
I'm just off my rocker.
Yeah, that's not a shocker.

Should I let sleeping dogs lie?
Pffft I'd rather let the hair fly.
Could kill two birds with one stone.
Or just throw a dog a bone.

Gonna jump on the bandwagon?
I used gonna and turned Suza into a dragon.
Whoops, I let the cat out of the bag.
Isn't that a redundant flying flag?

Hey, every cloud has a silver lining.
So quit your poor pitiful me whining.
Okay, drastic times call for drastic measures.
I now revoke all human pleasures.

That may cost an arm and a leg.
Not sure I can lift a keg.
But I'd sure burn the midnight oil.
Humans would be out to foil.

Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree.
But at least on a tree I don't lift my leg and pee.
That ball is in your court.
At the drop of a hat you can file a report.

Actions do speak louder than words.
Like taking a rock and killing those birds.
In the heat of the moment it may seem right.
But not when you hit the sack at night.

A penny for your thoughts? Did you guess lots? Sorry, no real penny for you. Up here the pennies are through. Did I hit the nail on the head with anything I said? Should I not give up my day job? Even if that job is to rob? We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Shaking your head at my idiom fit? I could go on all day with my idiom pass. Stopping may be a blessing in disguise from my little rhyming ass.

Experience spring, have a fling.

59 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's best not to say anything at all.
    As you say actions speaks louder than words.
    Have a good day Pat.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they can do
      With actions in view

      Delete
  2. Remember when emails would go around explaining the origins of those idioms? I never quite believed some of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some seem a bit far-fetched indeed
      With what took seed

      Delete
  3. I like idioms to take the cake
    Makes it easy when you bake
    If you want to keep a cool head
    Don't play with matches on the bed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then you could keep cool
      If one is a gullible fool
      For when you play with fire
      You pee the bed making the temp low not higher

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Getting thinner all the time
      Isn't that a crime

      Delete
  5. lol So many cliche phrases there. And you're right. People use them all the time. Does that make us cliche too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post came outta the blue
    sometimes you have to pay the piper
    If you rub someone the wrong way...

    (Don't go there I know your mind)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol don't want be to play along?
      How can any rubbing be wrong?

      Delete
    2. you made me laugh today
      as the silly things we say..,.

      Delete
    3. And most can go astray
      Should one think that way lol

      Delete
  7. I use a lot of them all the time
    So I enjoyed your rhyme

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many always in use indeed
      At each and every feed

      Delete
  8. Been a while
    Crocodile
    See ya later
    Gator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the bees knees
      Or the mutts nuts if you please

      Delete
  9. ha - a lot of idioms i'm not familiar with as a german - ours are different but the one with the sleeping dogs we have as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet they seem weird
      In other languages they may be feared

      Delete
  10. This was clever
    Have I ever
    used these phrases
    Jumpin' Blazes!
    I've used every one
    well, Son of a gun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gun gave a son
      A cheer from everyone

      Delete
  11. The penny for your thoughts has not kept up with inflation:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, and they are extinct here
      No thoughts must then come near

      Delete
  12. All that makes cents to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all snowballs into a rhyme. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely let the sleeping dogs lie. Otherwise, they're probably getting into stuff they shouldn't. Worse than kids sometimes, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yep, the cat can surely be that way
      Into everything at our bay

      Delete
  15. Not Any With Popularity Among Many!
    Idioms galore a test of popularity
    Using idioms
    Is a fashion
    Writing smart reaching out easily

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reaches the divide
      When they collide

      Delete
  16. Oh yes, I've heard a few of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music to hall
      Even with no music at all

      Delete
  17. I have used those sayings many a time. My favorite one is 'actions do speak louder than words'. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that one is good to use
      They sure do amuse

      Delete
  18. orlin N cassie; thiz iz de best thing { post } sinze sliced bread ☺☺☺ bye de way....wunder if anyone even noes when bread waz....sliced !! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may have forgotten that
      Or kept it under their hat...hatt?

      Delete
  19. You're so right! If it isn't one thing, it's another.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is that thinking outside the box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But would it be outside to the side
      Or outside above with it's outside ride

      Delete
  21. You gave more idioms than we can shake a stick at! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arm would get sore
      With shaking galore

      Delete
  22. This is the best post I've read here in a while
    as you hit all the idioms in style.
    Very cleverly written,
    neat as a kitten. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had to hit them all
      Clever works at our hall

      Delete
  23. I learned how to box at the gym
    The workout I went through was grim
    I’d learned all the blocks
    At school of hard knocks
    Till I’d pack a box to the rim

    ReplyDelete
  24. Actions do speak louder than words - that's my favorite ~

    Enjoy spring ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they do
      Sometimes at ones zoo

      Delete
  25. Hi Pat. I think I'll run this through Cliche Finder just for fun, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. My grandparents were full of these. I suppose I picked a few up here and there as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's an idiom parade
    Lock, stock and barrel
    Good ones to ponder
    And use at your peril

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. use and see
      Might hang from a tree

      Delete