Wednesday, October 11, 2017

A Little Spin With Caged In!

Humans laugh at us in a cage as we look at them full of rage. I may even pee in the cage too. Sometimes I do number two. Yeah, I hate that thing. But I usually save it for the vet and let it fling. Okay, enough of that because you're caged where you're at.

I'm so free.
Look at me.
Not caged one bit,
As here I sit.

I'm inside a home.
But I can still roam.
I have to pay bills,
Or I'll live in the hills.

But that's not caged.
Wait, I've been paged.
Do they even do that anymore?
We'll go with text at your shore.

There at your hall,
You're connected to all.
Slave to the phone.
Was that a new message tone?

Whoops, in the car.
Door not a jar.
Isn't that a big cage?
One that costs many a wage.

But you're still free.
No cage around thee.
You are limitless as can be.
Damn, you keep lying to me.

Can't vacation all year.
From miles away can't hear.
Can't jump to the moon.
Some can't use a spoon.

Some can't run a mile.
Some can't floor tile.
Some can't handle the cold.
Some hate when the heat takes hold.

Some cage from within.
Thinking about sin.
Oh woe as me.
But I'm still free.

Limited and caged.
Both have been paged.
Both apply to you.
Whoops, away freedom flew.

We all have limits and are caged in some way. Ever think about that at your bay? I guess a ride in a cage isn't so bad as at least the cat has no bills to be had. I hope none of you go in your cage though. That would be a nasty show. Enjoy the cage of mowing grass. I'll stay a mostly free feline little rhyming ass.

Later all, have a nice fall.

40 comments:

  1. How true you are Pat about us all being caged in to some extent. But it must be awful for animals.
    Loved the verse.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A slave to the job, the cage is my school
    Helping energize minds is my favorite tool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And germs abound
      As the kiddos surround

      Delete
  3. Not a slave to my phone.
    I would rather leave it alone.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Own a house, you're a slave
    If its pretty that you crave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slave and slave
      With every single crave

      Delete
  5. I don't mind my human cage
    Keeps from growing faster with age
    Warm place to sleep, fun place to sew
    Great place to live, safe place from foe

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're all in cages of one kind or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That each of us are
      From house to car

      Delete
  7. It's amazing how caged we really are. Between work, the Internet, being a homeowner, no one is free anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, everything has you
      Just usually no bars in view

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Nope, plenty more
      Inside the head at each shore

      Delete
  9. Excellent rhyme and oh so true
    Caged in cars, jobs
    Our life we can rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caged in many a way
      Pile up day by day

      Delete
  10. I guess work is my cage but I can get out of it from time to time when I take vacation :-) And I can’t wait for the day I retire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait for that day too
      If it ever comes due

      Delete
  11. My cage is my home
    that's ok, at least my whole body doesn't need a comb.
    plus I don't have to lick my own rear,
    Yuck to that, my tongue will stay clear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha do yoga and get bendy
      Licking your own rear could get trendy

      Delete
  12. HA! I did a whoops in the car once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humans don't like that
      Whether #1 or scat

      Delete
  13. Aren't our homes or apartments our cages?

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Little Spin With Caged In!
    Hemmed in on all sides in the ring
    Without exception
    in all situations
    Stultified and confused to the brink

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All around indeed
      While confusing minds take heed

      Delete
  15. orlin N cassie.....noe joke, de FSG waz think bout thiz just de other day { her had watched de moovee Lion Ark ♥♥ & they made reference ta de cage size sum oh de lionz were forced ta live in } that got her ta thinkin...N thinkin sum mor....yea....we understand thiz post for sure ~~~~~☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good timing at our sea
      Just bigger cages coming to be

      Delete
  16. We all have a cage
    as we try to make a wage
    and our life is, but a stage
    with each day writing a new page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new page that may bore
      But beats the end at any shore

      Delete
  17. As usual, the cat's right. We all have some sort of cage, or constraints, but hopefully livable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Livable is the way
      At the end of the day

      Delete
  18. Yep, we are all caged in some way or another. It's what you make of that cage that counts though. You can either wallow in it or do your best to break free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wallow in it is not for me
      That would disturb my OCD

      Delete
  19. Lots of 'Believe what I say, It will be true by the end of the day' going around.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I often wonder when I visit the zoo.
    What the animals think when they look at you.
    Do they wish that they were free?
    Or do they not understand what they see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes freedom isn't best
      Be interesting to know if they see us as a pest

      Delete